Casey to represent Australia at Hopman Cup
Perth’s own Casey Dellacqua will team up with Bernard Tomic for the first time at Hyundai Hopman Cup 2013, looking to recapture the title for
Australia for the first time since 1999.
“I am really excited to be playing for Australia with Bernie in the 2013 Hopman Cup,” Dellacqua said.
“It will be great to kick start my 2013 season off in my home town. I love Perth and can’t wait to play in front of all my family and friends and the Perth public.
“I really enjoy the Hopman Cup format – it’s great to get the guaranteed singles matches and I enjoy playing mixed doubles and I’ve had a bit of success, so I see that as a bonus,” continued the 2011 French Open mixed doubles champion.
“It is also very exciting to be playing at the new Perth Arena. I have driven past it many times when I have been back home and it looks like a fantastic venue.
“I love representing my country any chance I can get and I am thrilled that I will get the opportunity to team up with Bernie for Australia at the Hopman Cup.”
The field, ranked according to combined ATP and WTA rankings as of 1 October 2012, is as follows:
1. Serbia - Novak Djokovic and Ana Ivanovic
2. USA - John Isner and Venus Williams
3. Italy - Andreas Seppi and Francesca Schiavone
4. Spain - Fernando Verdasco and Anabel Medina Garrigues
5. Germany - Tommy Haas and Andrea Petkovic
6. South Africa - Kevin Anderson and Chanelle Scheepers
7. France - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Mathilde Johansson
8. Australia - Bernard Tomic and Casey Dellacqua